Post – election bounce as optimism returns
Rightmove House Price Index was released to the media this morning and gives a national picture of house prices and activity over the past few weeks.
Post-election bounce as optimism returns
• 2.3% (+£6,785) surge in the price of property coming to market, the largest monthly rise we have ever recorded at this time of year
• Increased optimism also releasing pent-up demand as would-be buyers judge the election result gives a window of stability
• Over 1.3 million buyer enquiries since election, up 15% compared to same period a year ago, suggesting an active spring market ahead
• 7.4% growth in number of sales agreed, as early birds act quickly
• Strong desire to get onto the housing ladder results in first-time buyers facing all-time highs in the price of properties with two bedrooms or fewer