Our Commercial and Professional Services Department aims to provide a service that adds value to both owners and occupiers of a variety of retail, office, industrial, warehouse premises and development land.
Whether you are a tenant seeking new premises or advice on existing lease terms; a landlord in search of a new investment property; require a valuation to sell an existing asset; or are looking to free yourself from collecting rent and managing a property portfolio you can rest assured that we will do all we can to help you.
We offer a range of agency and professional services and have a long established track record over a wide area of South East England.
As Chartered Surveyors we provide expert and straightforward advice allied with many years experience and operate transparently to the highest industry standards.
Commercial Property Management Services
Commercial property managers or ‘managing agents’ provide a range of services to landlords which are typically limited to the level of in-house expertise and resources.
At Howard Cundey, we have a team of experienced professionals with a high level of expertise in commercial property management which allows us to provide the highest level of professional service to our clients. Our commercial awareness and application of best management practices help to reduce our client’s risk exposure to future costs and provides peace of mind that their property assets are being taken care of.
Not only do we take a pro-active approach to the management of the physical property, but we also understand the need to develop a relationship and rapport with the occupiers to ensure they want to remain in occupation. This relationship often results in higher rental levels achieved for the property, rent and service charge paid on time and issues resolved quickly and efficiently. One of the key decision drivers for tenants wanting to renew their lease at their current property is how well the property is managed.
At Howard Cundey, we provide a wide range of services to your clients, these can be tailored to the individual requirements of the landlord. We offer a basic package of rent collection and property inspections to more comprehensive services. Typical services provided include:
- Liaising with and reporting to the landlord over all issues regarding their property
- Rent collection and repayment (including managing any arrears)
- Managing Clients’ accounts
- Service charge management and collection
- Service charge reconciliation
- Dealing with defaulting occupiers
- The arrangement of buildings insurance, apportionment/collection thereof (when insurance expires)
- Periodic internal and external inspections, reporting on any items that require attention/ repair/maintenance
- Preventative maintenance recommendations
- Management of repairs/maintenance or other recommended works
- Sourcing and recommending contractors, monitoring works and paying the contractor
- Tenant compliance with their lease covenants (typically repairs and maintenance of their own demise)
- Health and safety/fire safety monitoring and recommendations
- Practical recommendations relating to occupational issues
- Tenant liaison on behalf of the Landlord
For the complete service, our professional and commercial agency specialists at Howard Cundey are also able to undertake rent reviews and lease renewals, valuations in accordance with the RICS Professional Standards (Red Book) and re-market vacant space to reduce income voids and other liabilities.
For more information on how Howard Cundey can provide value-added services, please contact Dan Nunn, Head of Commercial Property.